If ice cream is what you crave in the heat, then skip the hundreds of calories and cholesterol you find in that cup or cone and make smudgies instead.
This dessert is completely dairy-free, contains no added sugar, and tastes like an ice cream sandwich. It's soon to become your new favorite healthy treat — and all for under 100 calories.
Best of all, they couldn't be easier to whip up and contain only three ingredients: organic graham crackers, ripe bananas, and crunchy all-natural peanut butter. Once the creamy filling is frozen, it takes on the consistency of ice cream.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons all-natural crunchy peanut butter
- 12 organic graham cracker rectangles (which make 24 squares)
- Peel the bananas, and place them in a bowl. Put two tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter in the bowl, and mash the two together with a fork until creamy.
- Place 12 graham cracker squares on a piece of foil. Use the fork to smear the banana and peanut butter mixture onto the crackers. Top each with a graham cracker to make 12 sandwiches.
- Stack them so you have a row of four, and then wrap them in the foil. Place them in the freezer for at least six hours, and enjoy.
- Desserts, Frozen
- Makes 12 sandwiches
- Calories per serving
- 92 per sandwich