Read on for the full recipe after the break!
- * 1 TB Olive Oil
- * 8 carrots, chopped
- * 12 ounces haricot verts or string beans, chopped
- * 3/4 tsp each: chili powder, cumin, ginger, coriander
- * 2 bay leaves
- * 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- * 2 heaping TB tomato paste
- * 2 cups veggie broth
- * 1 heaping TB nut butter (I used Artisana Walnut)
- * Salt and pepper to taste
Cook carrots in olive oil and spices for about four minutes, then add the tomato paste. Deglaze with water, scraping up all the stuck on bits. Add broth and haricot verts, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add nut butter, and cover/simmer for an hour, or until the mixture completely thickens up. Serve with your favorite grain.
More recipes/pictures at The Actor's Diet food blog.
- Soups/Stews, Stew
Do you love coming up with flavorful healthy recipes? Then share your own healthful creations in the Healthy Recipe group in the Fit Community.