I have had a few requests recently of Sugar users looking for cardio moves they can do at home. Here are some ideas for getting your heart rate up in the comfort of your own home.
- Small sprints – Think of these like mini killers
- Jumping jacks – A classic move known for elevating your heart rate
- Jump rope – If you don't have a rope, jump with a pretend one
- Skipping – This childish form of locomotion is great for your legs and heart rate
- Mountain Climbers – Like running in place while in the plank position (for a description click here)
I have plenty more moves, so
- Jumping Squats – Classic plyometric exercise to get your heart rate going and going
- Jumping Lunges – Add some lift to your lunges and switch your legs in the air
- Step ups – The higher the step/bench the more your legs will work
- Squat Thrusts – I grew up calling these burpees and loving them
- Shadow Boxing – Jab to the front and the side and keep your heart rate up by moving your arms
You can design a workout mixing up these elements. Alternate exercises every 30 to 60 seconds. Add some strength training moves and you'll have a circuit.
If you have an easy at home cardio move you'd like to share, tell us all about it in the comment section below.