People tend to neglect their abs in the Winter. Maybe it has to do with bikini season being so far off, or the vast number of layers we tend to wear in the cold. Well, here is an abdominal strength test that I suggest you try. Hopefully, it will inspire some joyous abdominal work.
Assesses: Abdominal Endurance
Duration: 60 seconds
- Lie on your back on a soft surface (exercise mat or carpeted floor).
- Bend both knees to right angles and flex your feet slightly, lifting your toes off the floor.
- Place your hands on your thighs.
- Start your stop watch now as you perform basic crunches by lifting your head and shoulders up and off the floor, so the bottom tip of the shoulder blade is just off the floor. Your hands will slide up your thighs to your knees. Lower head back to the floor.
- Repeat as many times as possible in one minute!
To see what your results mean just
- 12 – 22 = average
- 23 – 30 = good
- 30 – 36 = very good
- 37 or more = excellent
Well, how did you do? Let me know in the comments section below.
Interested in more at home fitness tests? Then check out these assessments you can do in the comfort and privacy of your own home.