Fresh and homemade, this pumpkin butter is so yummy on yogurt, pancakes, and oatmeal. You're sure to want to add it to just about every dish!
- 4 cups pumpkin puree (yielded from 2 small 4-6″ baking pumpkins)
1/4 cup apple cider
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp stevia or agave (to taste)
To Roast the Pumpkin
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the exterior of the pumpkins, cut them in half, and remove the seeds and stringy stuff (save seeds for later baking).
- Lay the pumpkin cut side down on a baking sheet covered in tin foil (spray the foil with olive oil or wipe it with a dab of coconut oil on a paper towel). Place into the oven and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Remove from oven and allow them to cool so that you can handle them.
Pumpkin Butter Instructions
- Scoop out the roasted pumpkin and place 4 cups into mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add the apple cider, spices, and stevia and mix until incorporated.
- Place into a medium size sauce pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Mixture will thicken and reduce. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the frig (or you may can it, if you are into canning). Serve over waffles, pancakes, bread, oatmeal, yogurt, frozen yogurt!
- North American