This recipe does require preparation the night before, so be sure to read through the instructions before you decide to make it. I topped my froyo with raspberries and dark chocolate, but there are many other healthy frozen yogurt toppings you can choose from. The leftover strained liquid from the yogurt (the whey protein) should be saved and used in smoothies.
- 1 32-ounce container plain yogurt (nonfat, 2%, or whole)
1/2 cup sugar (preferably organic, like Florida Crystals)
- Ice cream maker (prefreeze bowl, if applicable)
- Line mesh strainer with several layers of cheesecloth or paper towels. Hook strainer over a medium-sized bowl, and pour yogurt into strainer. Let sit in refrigerator overnight or for 12 hours.
- Store the liquid in the fridge in an airtight container (it's the nutritious whey protein). Carefully scoop out strained yogurt into a clean bowl, and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Pour yogurt mixture into ice cream machine, and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with your favorite yogurt toppings including fresh fruit, nuts, granola, and dark chocolate.
- Desserts, Ice cream
- North American