OnSugar blogger touristachef carmen garcia shared this recipe for cheesy kale chips that are as healthy as you can get — vegan and baked!
Read the recipe after the break.
"Cheesy" Baked Kale Chips
Level: super easy
1 bunch of kale leaves
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp pure coconut oil
1 tsp chili powder
2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut kale into bite size "chips". Place in a large bowl.
- In a separate pan melt coconut oil on low heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Pour coconut oil evenly over kale. Add chili powder and nutritional yeast for a "cheesy" flavor (to taste). Rub the mixture on leaves with hands making sure each leaf is coated evenly.
- Place on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle a little more nutritional yeast and chili.
- Pop in oven for about 12 minutes and Voila! You may have to do separate batches if they don't all fit onto one cookie sheet.
Note: This is a super yum super green food that is nutritious and healthy! It actually tastes like a cheat food. Enjoy!
Turista Chef Carmen Garcia