Seeing the number on the scale dip can leave you with a sense of accomplishment and pride, but what happens when, despite your best efforts, the number doesn't change? It's easy to get down on yourself, but it's integral to stay on track, even when the going gets tough. Yes, the scale gives you a definitive number, but it's not always reflective of all the different ways your hard work is paying off. If you've hit a plateau or you're in need of a little pick-me-up, then it's time to think beyond the scale. Here are some things to look for and celebrate today:
- Having more energy: Not only does regular physical activity improve your strength and boost your endurance, but it also keeps your spirits soaring. When you're working out, your brain chemistry changes, leaving you happier and more relaxed all day long.
- Hitting a running milestone: Whether you're training for a big race or you just started running, running milestones are evidence of your hard work. Every time you add a little more time to the treadmill or gain a little more stamina when you're out on the trail, you're progressing in the right direction.
- Feeling better in your clothes: Even if the weight isn't flying off the scale, feeling lighter and more comfortable in your clothes is an amazing accomplishment to appreciate. There's nothing more satisfying than comfortably pulling up a pair of old jeans that were too snug for too long!
Keep reading for two more workout accomplishments to celebrate.
- Lifting heavier weights: If you've upped the ante and added any extra weight when you're lifting, then that's a huge accomplishment! You may not be seeing those results on the scale, but you're getting stronger, and the rest of your body is reaping the benefits.
- Being committed to your mission: The sheer commitment you're giving to your healthy lifestyle is something to celebrate. Heading to the gym day after day is no easy feat. You've made yourself a priority, and that's something to celebrate!
Have you celebrated a workout accomplishment? Share your story below!