Nothing gets your heart rate up like dancing a jig on St. Patrick's Day. The Irish definitely have that down. This playlist contains no songs from Lord of the Dance or sea shanties, but it's chock-full of fun, rockin' Irish music to make you want to move.
- "Irish Rover" by the Pogues (4:10) — Distinctly Irish in sound, this is music that will make you want to click your heels.
- "Wasted Life" by Stiff Little Fingers (3:40) — A punk band from Northern Ireland, the title alone should inspire you to get up and get moving.
- "Mandika" by Sinead O'Connor (3:48) — Though she's typically known for her ballads, this is a rocking tune that certainly shows off Sinead's vocal range.
To see the rest of the playlist keep on reading.
- "Dancing in the Moonlight" by Thin Lizzy (3:26) — They might be known for "The Boys Are Back in Town," but I like this song better — it has dancing in the title.
- "Moondance" by Van Morrison (4:36) — This mid-tempo ditty always makes me dance about. Call me cliché, but I love it.
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2 (4:39) — I am decidedly old school when it comes to my taste of U2. This drum beat in this tune will help you maintain your pace.
- "You're All I Have" by Snow Patrol (4:32) — This band is known for their slow-tempo tunes, but this song is surprisingly upbeat and fun to run to.
- "Feeling the Pull" by The Swell Season (2:20) — I loved the movie Once and am pleased this duo is still making music together. This song is about the pull of the moon, but makes me want to hop on a rowing machine.
- "Someone's Looking at You" by the Boomtown Rats (4:24) — Bob Geldolf fronted this band, and you might think you don't know this song, but once you give it a listen it will take you back to the '80s.