It's high in fiber, iron, and vitamin C, so you can see all the healthy reasons why actress Jennifer Aniston loves this simple quinoa salad. Think of it as a bulked-up tabbouleh, since detoxifying parsley lays the base of the greens, while a scoop of quinoa and diced avocado provide over 60 percent of your daily recommended fiber. With hydrating cucumbers and refreshing tomatoes added to the mix, this salad would be a lovely light lunch to pack for work.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped, thick stems removed
- 4 persian cucumbers, peeled in strips, seeded, and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe and slightly firm avocado, diced
- 2 or 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa, cover, and lower the heat to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Put quinoa into a medium-size mixing bowl, and cool.
- Add parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, and oil to quinoa. Mix, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves two
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving