It looks like guac, doesn't it? But the smooth, green appearance comes from another nutritious green food — edamame. High in protein and fiber, low in fat and calories, this sweet, fresh, and light dish is perfect for Summer. Make this for your next barbecue to serve with chips, or smear it on sandwiches or hamburgers instead of mayo.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Cholula)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Combine all ingredients except for the tomato in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the diced tomato and stir gently.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with toasted pieces of pita, whole-wheat crackers, corn chips, or veggies.
Source: Calorie Count
- Dips, Appetizers
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving