- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups chicken broth (substitute vegetable for vegetarians)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 bunch green onions
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain and rinse 3/4 of the black beans.
2. Place rinsed beans in a blender along with cilantro, chicken broth, tomatoes, green onions, cumin, garlic salt, and lime juice. Pulse for a smooth texture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the soup into a large pot and add the rest of the beans into the mix. Heat up and serve.
4. Garnish with cilantro, a diced green onion, or get spicy with a jalapeño!
- North American