Hey FitSugar! Tone It Up is bringing you a delicious cupcake recipe to share with your partner this Valentine's Day
Healthy Valentine’s Day Tone It Cupcakes!
Combine dry ingredients…
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey or organic rice protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 3 tbs natural Stevia powder… or 6 packets of Stevia natural sweetener
Add one at a time to dry mix with a whisk…
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain organic Greek yogurt (this will add moisture)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
** To make chocolate cupcakes, add 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and replace vanilla protein powder with chocolate powder.
Spray olive oil cooking pam on paper liners in cupcake pan. Pour mix in no more than 1/2 to 3/4 full (do not overfill). We like using mini cupcake trays too! Bake for 14-17 minutes or until middle is cooked (use a tooth pick and make sure it comes out dry when you test them). Let cool before you frost them. We made that mistake because we wanted to try them so fast!
Curious about the frosting recipe? Keep reading!
Tone It Up Frosting
- 1 cup organic light cream cheese
- 2 tbs plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Stevia powder
- You can crush raspberries to make the frosting pink too!
***A FUN FITNESS TIP!! We added vanilla protein powder to the cupcake batter and frosting!
- Protein powder makes the cupcakes lower carb and much more like a vanilla cupcake
- We also like chocolate protein powder in place of 1/4 of the powdered sugar in our frosting.
Special guest appearance by Cupid?! Video...
Video from ToneItUp.TV
Happy Valentine's Day!
Karena and Katrina
For more great videos and healthy living tips, be sure to join the Tone It Up community group.