Cherry Almond Paleo Granola is a quick and easy grain-free alternative to traditional granola cereal.
I was craving granola this morning and this cherry almond Paleo granola was inspired by what I had in the house — dried cherries, almonds, coconut and vanilla. Cherry and almond are a classic flavor combination that works really well together. And with vanilla, honey and coconut, it's delicious.
I used unsweetened dried tart cherries for this recipe and they are very tart. I like tart cherries, but if you don't this granola would work equally well with sweet cherries. Or you could to swap out half of the tart cherries for golden raisins. The raisins would add a little more sweetness to balance out the tartness of the cherries. The pecans and sunflower seeds round out the granola and add extra crunch.
Cherry almond Paleo granola is a great gluten-free breakfast or snack. Topped with coconut milk or homemade cashew milk, it's a healthy granola cereal. This quick and easy Paleo granola recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and hard to resist. I keep it in a jar hidden in the cabinet so it doesn't get eaten too quickly. It's that addictive.
- 2 cups slivered almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine nuts, seeds, coconut, and salt in large bowl. Combine coconut oil, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl, and then stir into nut mixture until well combined.
- Bake on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 18-20 minutes, until just lightly browned.
- Add the dried cherries and toss to combine. Cool completely before serving.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American