Stray away from your usual date-based Paleo delight with this quick and easy chocolate fix. It contains under five ingredients and takes virtually no time at all. With this recipe, you can avoid almost every type of diet limitation since it's gluten-free and vegan-friendly as well. Start melting the chocolate and go!
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
- Dried cherries (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds
- Handful of coconut shavings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Start melting dark chocolate pieces in a pan on low heat; it won't take long to melt. If you want a sweet cherry taste, throw a handful into the pot once chocolate has melted.
Note: The serving size is for melted chocolate, so if you measure out the pieces beforehand, allow more chips to be added than the recommended amount.
- Place a teaspoon of melted chocolate on parchment paper; top with a small handful of almonds. Drizzle almonds with one tablespoon melted chocolate. Repeat process with remaining almonds and chocolate until your pan is full.
- Sprinkle coconut shavings over each tiny delight.
- Transfer to refrigerator for about 10 minutes to chill and remove them when firm. They'll be ready to enjoy right away!
Makes 32 pieces.
- Desserts, Chocolate