Pumpkin bread is just one of the drool-worthy treats in this new cookbook by Vanessa Barajas. Clean Eating With a Dirty Mind is pure food porn. Doughnuts, cookies, cake, ice cream, marshmallow — if you crave it, it's probably in this book. Vanessa has a knack for re-creating traditional favorites with Paleo-friendly ingredients.
- 1 cup fine-ground blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottom of a 9-x 5-inch glass loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, and coconut sugar in the bowl of a large food processor. Pulse 10 times or until mixed. Then add the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla bean seeds or extract, and eggs and process for 30 seconds or until combined. Scrape down the sides and process again if needed.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the mixture to the parchment-lined loaf pan. Bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then use a knife to loosen the bread from the sides of the pan. Remove the loaf from the pan by lifting the parchment paper. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes