A quick and easy paleo party mix that's gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and perfect for snacking.
This paleo snack mix is addictive. Salty, smoky and garlicky, it reminds me of traditional snack mix, but without the not-so-desirable ingredients. Just pure nutty goodness accented with garlic infused olive oil and smoked spices.
You can make this snack mix with just about any kind of nuts. I used a cup of sliced almonds and they were perfect in the mix. They were thin and crispy with plenty of surface area for the spicy coating. The walnuts were crunchy with lots of nooks and crannies to hold the spices. The cashews added a little bit of sweetness.
I have been buying a lot of smoked spices lately and this was a perfect opportunity to use some of my latest finds. I used a Yakima apple wood smoked sea salt and a combination of Spanish sweet and hot paprika, along with some roasted garlic olive oil. The result was a smoky paleo snack mix that would complement any drink.
- 3 cups mixed nuts (I used equal parts sliced almonds, walnuts and cashews)
1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
1-2 teaspoons smoked sea salt, to taste
1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
1/4-1/2 teaspoon smoked hot paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine nuts in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until well coated.
- Combine salt and spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle over nuts and stir until well combined.
- Spread nuts in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- North American
- 3 cups