Swimming is a great form of exercise, but when you're in the pool, you can get bored and dizzy just swimming back and forth doing laps. Why not try these exercises to work different muscle groups. You can also use them to warm up or cool down.
- Hold on to the side of the pool and work on kicking your legs - do flutter kicks and frog kicks.
- You can also use the edge of the pool to keep your balance while doing leg lifts to work the muscles in your tummy, legs and bottom. On each leg, do 10 sets each of lifting your leg in front of you, to the side, and behind you.
- Run in the water to increase your heart rate.
- Tread water to improve your arm and leg strength.
- Just for fun, try doing a handstand in the water - it'll be much easier to stay balanced.
= spi_images (15805) ?>