Sugarcane Pose is an essential asana for any runner who needs to give her legs and back a little love:
- After you've completed Warrior 1 on both sides, you'll be in Downward Facing Dog.
- From here, step your left foot forward between your hands, and float into Half Moon Pose with your left hand planted firmly on the floor and your right leg lifted in the air. Stay for a few breaths to relax into the posture.
- On your inhale, bend your right leg in toward your chest. On the exhale, reach back for your right foot with your right arm. Your right hand will catch the top of your right foot.
- Once you've got a firm grip and you're stabilized in the pose, imagine you're kicking back. Press the top of your right foot into your right.
- Hold for five breaths before releasing the right foot back into Half Moon Pose. Return the foot to the floor, and try it on the other side.