Golf is a favored sport among some of us but those winter months can really take a toll on your game. Since I'm no golf pro (though I certainly try) I found some valuable information for keeping up your golf game during the cold months of winter from Suite101. Here are highlights:
- Maintain Golf Fitness and Conditioning - Stretching is imperative to maintaining your golf physique. Areas to focus on include the arms, wrists, back, quads and calves. Stretching will aid in your flexibility as well as your endurance.
- Practice/Work On Your Swing - Chris Cullen, Golf Specialist at Old Channel Trail Golf Course in Montague, Michigan, told Suite101 he suggests that golfers work with a weighted club like the Momentus Swing Trainer over the winter months.
- Master Your Short Game - The short game can make or break your score, so be sure to work on your putt during those cold winter months.
- Practice Driving - Many cities have heated driving ranges and/or indoor practice facilities.
- Indoor Golf Centers - The popularity of golf simulators is growing. In fact, many indoor golf centers now offer winter leagues utilizing this technology.