If you're looking for a light yet satisfying vegan meal, this filling wrap has your name all over it. Quinoa and chickpeas combine for a protein-packed recipe, offering nearly 20 grams per serving! Dried cranberries and raisins provide just the right sweetness, while fresh dill and lemon brighten up the filling. With all that protein, this wrap is the perfect post-workout meal after a tough session at the gym!
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- Put the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under running water until it no longer looks soapy.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. When done, it should be light and fluffy when tossed with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Add the chickpeas, cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, and parsley to the quinoa and mix well.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, and dill in a small bowl.
- Spread 1/4 of the quinoa mixture in the center of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the sides and bottom. Drizzle on the dressing. Fold the bottom end of the tortilla up and over the filling, fold in both sides, and continue rolling. Serve!
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- Makes 4 servings (4 wraps)
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Calories per serving