Whether you're exercising to tone up for tank top and skirt season or you're working out mostly for the health benefits, we could all use a little motivation to get moving. So here are five encouraging facts about working out that will give you more than one reason to hit the gym on your lunch break.
- Exercise combats fatigue. Working out releases endorphins, which improve your strength and stamina and make you feel energetic. Increased levels of serotonin in the brain also prevent depression.
- Exercise is good for your brain. Because it helps build new brain cells, being active also increases serotonin levels to help you think more clearly.
- Movement eases stress. Not only is it a distraction from things that might be bothering us, but exercise also results in reduced muscle tension.
There are two more reasons so
- Being active can improve your social life and enhance your love life. You're bound to meet other like-minded people while at the gym, yoga studio, or if you join a sports team. Working out with your partner, sibling, or friend can also strengthen your bond, and it's often more fun than exercising solo.
- You know you'll feel better after you exercise. It only takes 30 minutes a day, so if you can't do it all at once, do 10-minute spurts throughout the day.