If you're a vegetarian or looking to add more protein to your diet without added cholesterol or saturated fat, tofu is a great option. It's pretty unappetizing on its own though, so here's a simple recipe for sweet and salty baked tofu. It makes a flavorful topping on salad, pizza, and sandwiches, or is delicious on its own.
- 1 15-ounce block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Gently squeeze the block of tofu between your hands to remove excess liquid. Dice it into cubes.
- Spray Pam onto the bottom of a small pan. Add the tofu.
- Pour the tamari onto the tofu cubes. Stir with a spoon to evenly coat. Drizzle on the honey, and then sprinkle on the thyme, dill, and cumin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until desired firmness. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Other, Side Dishes
|Serving Size||1/3 batch|
|Total Fat||6.1 g|
|Sat. Fat||1.2 g|
If you have a tasty and healthy recipe to share, post it in the Healthy Recipe Group. I am always looking for new dishes to try.