- 1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick or rolled oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey
1 to 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk (or skim milk) (depending on whether you like thin or thick pancakes)
1 banana, diced
Cooking spray for pan
1/4 cup almonds
1 banana, sliced
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, cinnamon, and honey. Stir in the soy milk to the desired consistency. I like my pancakes to be neither too thin nor too thick, so I added 1 1/4 cups of soy milk. Stir in the bananas.
- Place a skillet on medium heat (I use a square-shaped griddle). After spraying the pan, pour batter into 4-inch diameter circles (using about 1/4 cup of batter).
- While the pancakes are cooking, hand chop the almonds on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them and cook for another minute or so on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve three pancakes with sliced bananas and chopped almonds. They're delicious like this, or for a sweeter breakfast, pour on two tablespoons of real maple syrup.
Makes 12 pancakes (four servings).
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- North American