Beans are so healthy for us because of their high protein and fiber content, so if you're looking for a new way to prepare them, you've got to try this recipe. The carrots give it a crunchy texture, and the currants add a touch of sweetness. It's delicious on its own or topped on your garden salad.
If you're curious to know how to make this refreshing bean salad
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup currants
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the chickpeas, carrots, and currants in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour this mixture over the chickpeas, carrots and currants. Mix well and refrigerate at least one hour in a sealed container before enjoying.
Makes about 10 half cup servings.
- Vegetables, Salads