I started my BBQ season early this year by inviting some friends over last weekend. I tried out this new recipe that's a twist on peanut noodles, but it's also made with salsa so it's lower in fat and has a sweeter kick.
It was a huge hit and I'll definitely be making it again. To find out how you can impress your friends at your next BBQ with this recipe, read more.
- 1 14-ounce box of penne pasta
2 cups shelled edamame
3/4 cup salsa (I used medium)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 red bell pepper cut into strips
1 cup chopped pea pods
1 tablespoon of zest of lime
- Boil eight cups of water, then stir in pasta and frozen edamame. Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a saucepan, add juice of lime, salsa, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and ginger. Heat until boiling, then turn off heat. If you like your foods hot, now is the time to add the cayenne pepper.
- Rinse pasta and edamame under cold water to cool.
- Transfer pasta and edamame to bowl, add cooled sauce, and veggies along with zest of lime. Mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour. It's even better the next day!
- Salads, Pasta
- North American
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Total Fat||10.9 g|
|Sat. Fat||1.9 g|
I'm always in the market for new recipes to try, so if you have a fave, post it in the Healthy Recipe Group. It's also a great place to discover new recipes you can try out in your own kitchen.