Polenta is a huge hit for dinner at my house, especially when I make polenta pizzas. This corn-based food is also great for other meals of the day, and recently I concocted this yummy dairy-free breakfast dish. It's so simple to make, and since it has beans, veggie sausage, and eggs, it's also high in protein.
For details on how to make this breakfast,
- 1/2 tube Green Chile & Cilantro Ancient Harvest Polenta
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 veggie sausage patties (I used Morningstar Farms), diced
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons Newman's Own Organic Chunky Salsa, medium
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the half a tube of polenta in a pan and flatten it down with a fork, cooking it over medium heat until soft. Add the beans and mix thoroughly. Cook for another few minutes and them remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, heat the cut up veggie sausage. Add the two eggs and stir. Remove from heat once the eggs are scrambled.
- Scoop the polenta mixture onto four plates. Divide the eggs and place on the polenta and beans. Add two tablespoons salsa on top of each. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
|Serving Size||1/4 of recipe|
|Total Fat||4.4 g|
|Sat. Fat||1.1 g|
If you have a tasty and healthy breakfast recipe to share, post it in the Healthy Recipe Group. We could all use some new dishes to try.