Enter to win by completing any challenges you may have missed, like FitSugar reader bcn1000, who shared a yummy recipe for strawberry oat muffins for the 11th challenge of our Get Fit For 2011 giveaway.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 c sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped fresh/frozen strawberries (or blueberries, if you use blueberries, omit cinnamon and add 1 tsp lemon zest instead)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and water/milk, and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg, applesauce, sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in the oat mixture, let stand a couple minutes to absorb moisture. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moistened.
- Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups — I use about 1/4 c batter for each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You, too, can enter to win our weekly prize of a $100 New Balance gift card and our fabulous grand prize — a four-day fitness boot camp in LA. Complete any of the previous challenges in our Get Fit For 2011 community group. The more you participate, the greater your chances of winning!