If you are craving something sweet but know inhaling candy will have you feeling flat, reach for this warm, low-cal option instead: honey-roasted cinnamon chickpeas. High in protein and fiber, chickpeas offer a satisfying crunch when roasted, and if you toss them with a little honey and cinnamon, you'll have a sweet treat that will also give you a boost of energy.
- 15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it's still soft, bake for longer.
- While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is, or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Makes 4 servings. See below for the nutritional information of 1 serving.
Source: Calorie Count
- Other, Snacks
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving