- 6 Roma tomatoes
1 cup sun gold (yellow cherry) tomatoes
1/2 red pepper
3 cloves garlic
10 fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 ounces fresh mozzarella
1 whole wheat baguette
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the Roma and sun gold tomatoes, cut them in half, and remove the seeds. Dice them into small pieces and place them in a bowl. Dice the red pepper and add that to the bowl as well.
- Mince the three cloves of garlic. Add half to the bowl with the tomatoes and red pepper and save the rest for the bread.
- Sprinkle salt on top, mix it up, and move the bowl to the refrigerator for one hour. This allows the salt to pull the juices out of the veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Chop the basil and take the bowl out of the fridge. Stir in the basil, balsamic vinegar, and the oil. Mix it all up and add pepper and the diced mozzarella. Place the bowl back in the fridge.
- Slice the whole wheat baguette into 20 slices. Brush each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with a little garlic. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until the tops are slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and place each piece of bread on a platter. Take the tomato and pepper mixture out of the fridge, give it a good stir, and serve with the bread.
- Appetizers, Crostini
- North American
- 20 pieces
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving