It's National Running Day, and you can bet we'll be lacing up our sneaks to head out for a run before the day's out. But before we do, here's a look back at some tips and techniques to help turn anyone into a better runner.
Before you hit the ground running, make sure you know all the basics to help you ensure proper technique and avoid injury. Start with these tips on buying the right running shoes and perfecting your running form, and then get to know the following tips.
- Get started with our insider beginner running tips. You'll learn everything we wish we knew before we went on our first run.
- After feeling comfortable with running on the treadmill, follow these helpful tips for running outdoors.
- Paved roads getting boring? Here's everything you need to know about trail running for the first time.
Up the Ante
Once you have a solid running routine down, challenge yourself by incorporating new training techniques into your regimen. It'll help you run stronger, longer, and faster.
- Why do the same run day after day? Here are seven treadmill interval workouts to up your pace and calorie burn.
- Here are four techniques that will make you stronger, faster, and more efficient on your feet.
- Combine cardio and strength training into one workout with these tips on incorporating muscle-toning moves into your running routine.
See more running tips after the break!
Becoming a great runner is more than just lacing up and clocking in mileage — there's additional training you should consider.
- Many runners suffer from injuries that can be prevented if they stretched their tight muscles regularly. Here are five yoga poses that will help ease tension and prevent pain.
- Most runners suffer from tight hips, hamstrings, or lower back, but here are three lower-body stretches to do every day — even on the ones you don't run.
- A runner doesn't need to follow a strict diet to be in tip-top shape, but here are a few foods every runner needs to fuel workouts, improve performance, and speed up recovery time.