Many of us have admitted to being a cyberchondriac, so what's a cyberchondriac to do in this google happy world. Well, stop googling, for one. Instead search for health problems that you may have now and could have in the future, on sites that will only search reputable health sites backed by physicians, not some guy sitting in his basement. Here are a few good ones to try:
- Dirline, searches healthy information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Medlineplus.gov, searches health information from the National Library of Science.
- Imedix.com, a great website/community that helps you find and share health information.
- Healthfinder.gov, searches all information on government health Web sites.
- WebMD, provides credible health information as well as a supportive community.