Celebrate the season with this strawberry, spinach, and roasted asparagus salad from FitSugar reader For The Love of Fiber.
Flavor combinations explode with this seasonal (and detoxifying) spring salad.
Get the full recipe after the break!
- 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. raw, local honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, sliced on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare balsamic vinaigrette by whisking 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and olive oil together. Set aside.
- Place sliced asparagus on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Toss spinach with vinaigrette. Divide evenly among four plates, top with strawberries, asparagus, and goat cheese. Drizzle remaining dressing over top, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
- Calories: 220
- Total fat: 19 g
- Saturated fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
- Sodium: 152 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g