If you're pressed for time and feel like strength training has been pushed aside, I am here to tell you that you have squat options. While adding a smattering of squats throughout your day might not be ideal, it is better than nothing.
Here are some suggestions:
- Laundry Squats: Combining two unpleasant tasks makes them both somehow sweeter. It is a multitasking move the whole family can love.
- Potty Squats: If you're desk bound and feeling disembodied, take a trip to the ladies and do some squats.
- Chair Squats: Chairs might be for sitting, but if you hover just above your seat your other seat will get a nice workout. This one is easier to get away with if you work at home.
- Water Cooler Squats: A nice way to build endurance in your quads while you fill your water bottle at the water cooler. The larger your bottle the longer you work your quads.
- Dishwasher Squats: Just like folding laundry, squat instead of bending at the waist to unload or load your dishwasher. It is actually a much more back friendly way to bend and works the backside.
I have a couple more suggestions so
If you have a great way to fit squats into your everyday routine, please share them in the comments section below.