- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Earth Balance
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup granulated sugar or sprinkles (optional for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a stand mixer, mix the Earth Balance and sugar together using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and egg yolks, mixing until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix together until combined and doughy.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then dust formed balls with sugar. Place dusted dough balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for about 18 minutes, or until they are lightly brown around the edges. Cookies should be soft in the center.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 48 cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American