- 1 avocado, pitted and meat removed from shell
1/2 cup of basil, packed
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups filtered water, to thin
- Add the avocado, basil, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and honey to your food processor. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water and blend. Continue adding water up to 1 1/2 cups total until you reach your desired consistency.
- Toss in a serving with salad and enjoy!
I find that in more delicate salads 2 to 3 tablespoons (almost 1/4 cup) of this dressing goes a long way. In firmer salads, such as in a curly green kale salad, this dressing massages beautifully into the leaves, tenderizing them nicely.
Note: If you do not have a food processor you may also deconstruct this dressing and still enjoy the taste. Simply scoop out the avocado, slice and lay it on top of a bed of greens. Add the basil leaves to the salad. Then in a small bowl mix together a dressing with a bit of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and a touch of Dijon mustard to bring it all together.
- Condiments/Sauces, Dressings
- North American