The hamstring curl targets all major lower-body muscle groups. Add on a hip press (see the next photo) for a more difficult move.
- With your straps under the anchor point, place your feet in the loops so your heels are pressed down in the cradles and toes pointed toward the ceiling. Lie on a mat or floor in front of the straps and put your arms at your sides, palms facing down.
- Engage your core and butt, and lift your hips off the floor. Press your palms down into the floor for support. Keep your upper back on the floor.
- Exhale as you bend your knees and pull your heels toward your chest, keeping your body stable and legs together. Your torso and shoulders should remain still. Keep your knees and hips at 90 degrees.
- Inhale as you slowly straighten your legs back to starting position.
- Repeat for 15 reps or 30-60 seconds.
Photo: Leta Shy