Add an extra step to your hamstring curl to work your butt even more. See the previous photo for illustrations on how to do the first three steps of this move:
- With your straps under the anchor point, place your feet in the loops so your heels are pressed down in the cradles and toes pointed toward the ceiling. Lie on a mat or floor in front of the straps and put your arms at your sides, palms facing down.
- Engage your core and butt and lift your hips off the floor. Press your palms down into the floor for support. Keep your upper back on the floor.
- Exhale as you bend your knees and pull your heels toward your chest, keeping your body stable and legs together. Your torso and shoulders should remain still. Keep your knees and hips at 90 degrees. Stay here for a beat.
- Exhale as you lift up your hips toward the ceiling so your body makes a diagonal line from your knees to your hips to your shoulders. Stay for a beat, then lower back down to starting position
- Repeat for 15 reps or 30-60 seconds.
Photo: Leta Shy