I don't know about you, but these dark Fall mornings are making it tough for me to climb out of bed. When I should be at the gym getting my workout on, I'm hiding under the sheets waiting for the sun to pluck me from my slumber. With daylight saving ending this weekend things should get a bit easier, but I know I've still got a battle ahead of me. I'm pulling out all the stops with these tips and hoping they can help my fellow not-so-morning people, too.
- Before you go to sleep, set out your gym clothes in your bed so you don't even have to get out of bed to get dressed.
- Do some stretches in bed to get your body breathing.
- Keep a bouquet of flowers on your bedside table. Research shows that people feel energized by the scent of fresh flora.
- Skip the gym altogether and pop in a DVD for a personal exercise routine in your own living room.
Want to see the rest of the tips?
- Go to bed early so you are happier to rise early.
- Put your alarm clock in the bathroom or across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off.
- Get a self-timed coffee maker. The aroma will get you out from under those sheets in no time.
Just remember that an early morning workout can help boost your metabolism, get your energy going, and give you a jolt of confidence. Think you can do it now?