The rocking motion in this Twisting Plank really targets your obliques. To do the exercise:
- Begin in a plank position, with your hands directly under your shoulders, your back straight, and your belly pulled in. Your legs should be squeezed together.
- Hold this basic plank for 10 to 20 seconds to warm up your core before twisting. Keep your head lifted and shoulder blades open.
Bend your knees until they are hovering slightly above the ground. Keep your belly pulled in and back straight.
- Twist your knees to the right, initiating the movement from your obliques.
- Return to the center, then twist to the left.
- Repeat for a total of 10 times on each side.