You need to make this simple yet tasty single-serving banana bread recipe for three reasons. Number one, you probably have ripe bananas in your kitchen begging to be used. Number two, you can eat a baked treat without heating your house to a temp higher than it is outside. And number three, if you made an entire loaf of banana bread, you'd likely devour half within an hour flat (we've been there). This single-serving recipe is a win-win-win!
Mix up the batter, pour it into a small ceramic mug or ramekin, pop it in the microwave, and you can indulge in warm, chocolaty banana bread for under 200 calories.
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon walnuts
- Mash the banana in a small bowl. Add all ingredients to bowl, except the dark chocolate chips and walnuts; mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Save a few chocolate chips and walnuts for the topping, and mix the rest into the batter.
- Lightly spray a ceramic ramekin with cooking spray, and pour in the batter. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Microwave for 70 to 90 seconds until the batter is dry — don't overcook or your cake will turn chewy and tough.
- The dish will be hot so remove with an oven mitt. Cool for a minute, and then dive in!
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Cake
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 2 minutes
- Calories per serving