- 1/2 cup organic whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup organic raw sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups raw spinach
1/4 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In blender, whip the water, olive oil, vanilla, and spinach. Mix until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients into the flour mixture until it forms a uniform batter. Add chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 15–20 minutes in preheated oven or until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with in-season fruit puree if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 350, fiber 3 g, protein 4 g.
- North American