Learn how to make these gluten-free treats after the break!
"Berry Puns Are Berry Annoying" Strawberry Muffins (GF, Vegan, Sugar-Free)
(Adapted from Babycakes Apple-Cinnamon Muffins)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 generous pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 6–8 large strawberries (chopped)
- Set the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients except the strawberries. If the mixture is a little too dry, add more almond milk or apple sauce. Mix it up with a spatula — or your hand. It works best if the consistency is in between a cake batter and a pancake batter.
- Add the strawberries.
- Use ¼ cup of batter per muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes in total, but as Babycakes recommends, turn your pan 180 degrees every seven minutes or so to get an even bake.
- Eat standing up. It feels good like that.
Yields seven to eight cupcakes.
Check out some more of my recipes at The Gluten-Free Dom.
Don't forget to share your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group!