Green food on St. Paddy's day is such a fun tradition, but since we can do without the artificial food dye, here's a fun (and healthy) way to green up your holiday this year. If you love green smoothies, get ready for this frozen version.
This treat is made with frozen banana, mango, pineapple, and an iron- and fiber-rich green ingredient — spinach. The fruit completely overpowers this mild-tasting veggie, so you're left with a creamy, oh-so-sweet vegan ice cream that's low in calories — just 160. As a bonus, each serving offers 5.4 grams of fiber.
- 2 bananas
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 packed cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon vanilla soy milk
- Peel the bananas, slice them, and place slices on a plate. Freeze for at least two hours.
- Place bananas in a blender or food processor with the frozen mango, pineapple, spinach, and soy milk.
- Blend until smooth, and enjoy immediately as is or topped with dark chocolate shavings and chopped pistachio nuts.
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Frozen
- 2 servings
- Cook Time
- 2 hours 15 min
- Calories per serving