Creamy, cold, and delicious, ice cream is also unfortunately a big calorie bomb. A small half-cup serving of basic vanilla will run you 250 calories and cost you 17 grams of fat and 85 milligrams of cholesterol. You can satisfy the need to spoon up something frozen and sweet by making this recipe for a dairy-free ice cream that only contains two ingredients. Don't worry — no ice cream maker is required, just your freezer and a good blender.
If you think this dish looks delicious, you should taste it! It's fruity like a sorbet but creamy like an ice cream without a drop of dairy. With zero saturated fat and cholesterol and no added sugar, each serving offers almost five grams of fiber. Keep reading for this simple and summery 150-calorie recipe.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 frozen bananas, peels removed prior to freezing
- Dark chocolate (optional, for garnish)
- Slice the bananas and place them in a blender or food processor with the frozen mango.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy immediately as is or topped with dark chocolate shavings.
Makes two servings.
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Ice cream