- 2 medium sweet potatoes, just baked
1 cup millet, uncooked
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups veggie broth
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium apple, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the millet, garlic, and veggie broth in a covered pot on high. Once it reaches a boil, lower to simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots to the pot with the millet and simmer for another five minutes. Add the peppers and apple and cook for another five minutes or until the millet is soft and has a slightly creamy consistency.
- Remove from heat and season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Place millet in an oven-safe glass or ceramic dish, pressing the mixture flat into the pan.
- Remove the peels from the two just-baked sweet potatoes and place the flesh in a bowl (careful if they're really hot). Mash with a fork until smooth. Spread the mashed sweet potatoes on top, as if you were icing a cake.
- Cut like you were serving lasagna and enjoy immediately. If you're making this dish ahead of time, cover with foil, and warm in the oven before serving.
Makes six servings.
- Side Dishes, Grains
- North American