I'm all for motivational quotes when it comes to staying fit and healthy, but there are a few popular ones that send a bad message about dieting and weight loss. Here are a few that make me shake my head in disappointment, but a few more that make it OK.
- "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips."
- "No pain, no gain."
- "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."
- "Don't dig your own grave with your own knife and fork."
- "If you put it in your mouth, it will just go South."
- "Supermodels always go to bed hungry."
- If you indulge, you bulge."
- "Unless you want to look like a porky, come on missy, put down the forky."
These sayings are unproductive on so many levels. They either scare you into thinking anything you eat will make you fat, that losing weight is a painful process, or that being skinny is what's important in life. Thankfully there are also positive, uplifting sayings that motivate you to move and be healthy. Keep reading for eight inspirational weight loss and fitness quotes.
- "Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body."
- "Whether it's 10 miles or one, you will never regret lacing up those running shoes and going outside."
- "Take pride in how far you've come and have faith in how far you can go."
- "At the end of the day, your health is your responsibility."
- "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."
- "Eat to live. Don't live to eat."
- "Fit is not a destination, it's a way of life."
- "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."
What are some of your favorite (or not-so-favorite) quotes about weight loss?