- For the pancakes:
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup skim milk, plus more if necessary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup fresh berries
- For the yogurt sauce:
6-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together the flour, flaxmeal, and baking soda in a bowl, and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk, salt, and brown sugar until mixed well. Stir in the dry ingredients and the fresh berries.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- While the pan is heating up, mix together the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drop 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan per pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown. Makes about 12 pancakes.
- Place three pancakes on a plate and pour 1/4 of the yogurt sauce on top. Add fresh berries and enjoy.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- North American
- 4 servings
- Calories per serving