Wide-Legged Forward Bend wasn't too difficult, right? It's a great way to stretch out your hips and hamstrings. You think you're loose enough to try Wide-Legged Split pose? Give it a try. As you slide your legs further apart, just make sure you go slowly.
But wait - before you give this a try, make sure you have a friend ready with a camera to take your picture. Then visit the YOGA CHALLENGE Group. Click on "Post Content to the Group" on the left-hand side. My favorite will be posted right here on FitSugar!
- Start off in Wide-Legged Forward Bend pose.
- Widen your stance a little in order to place your palms flat on the ground right below your shoulders.
- Start to inch your feet further apart, making sure to keep your heels wider than your toes. Keep the soles of your feet flat on the ground at all times to protect your knees.
- As your hips get lower, you can prop yourself up with your forearms, and then move down to your shoulders.
- If your shoulders are on the ground, turn your head to the side, and rest your cheek on the ground so you don't bruise your chin.
- To get out of this pose, slowly come back on to your hands and walk your feet closer together until your big toes are touching.
- Stay here in a forward bend until you're ready to slowly come to stand.
Can't wait to see your pictures!