What it works: legs, core, and upper body
- From Down Dog, step your right foot forward, rising into Warrior 1. Straighten the right leg, and extend the right arm out as far as you can past the right toes. Lower the right hand to the floor in front of the right shin (rest it on a block if you need to).
- Shift weight back onto the heels, stacking the shoulders, extending your upper arm straight up.
- Try to extend through both sides of the ribs equally, drawing the navel toward the spine.
- Hold like this for five deep breaths. Then extend your upper arm over your ear so it's parallel with the floor, coming into Straight-Arm Triangle.
- After five breaths, rise up and repeat on the left side.